We are pleased to announce that Gorilla Group has been named the winners of the WPP Open Data and AI Community Data Challenge for our entry How COVID-19 Paved the Way to Channel Expansion. The objective of the challenge, which encompassed the global WPP network, was to identify an opportunity for growth within a specific industry by exploring data associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and present this through a powerful story.
Entries were judged by the following:
- The relevance and potency of the data insights
- The compelling nature of the story you tell with the data
- The way in which you structure that story
- Collaborating with colleagues from a non-data discipline
Our submission laid out the ways in which retailers can adapt marketing and sales channels to take advantage of curbside pickup as a result of disrupted consumer behavior.
We are so proud of everyone involved in this challenge and look forward to joining the judging panel for the next data challenge.
A special shout out to the team who made it possible:
- Angus McLean – Data Scientist
- Emma Buchholz – Data Analyst
- Lauren Ganley – Experience Strategist
- Alice Xiao – Visual Designer
- Sarah Luce – Content Strategist
Check out the infographic below and see why a connected commerce ecosystem is more important than ever.