OVERVIEW & CHALLENGE:
Watson’s is a 50-year-old, family-owned, premier home furnishings retailer specializing in Indoor, Outdoor, Water, and Home Recreational products, with 12 retail superstores primarily across the Midwest. Historically, they were producing very little revenue online. We collaborated with Watson’s to leverage digital to address several basic challenges: drive more in-store traffic to their experience-rich retail superstores, undertake a brand refresh, grow brand recognition beyond their geographic footprint, and ultimately tap into ecommerce as a growing sales channel.
- Reimagined brand position and visual identity
- New logo used across physical and digital assets
- Branded and non-branded search campaigns for all other markets and affiliates
- Added prices for lower-ticket products with an “ask about our low-price guarantee” call out on the page to meet the goal of a higher return on ad spend (ROAS)
- Expanded their digital catalog offerings and tied that to Google Shopping feeds
- Enabled click-and-collect from store capabilities
- Implemented a BOPIS solution for a more efficient curbside pickup experience
- Helped shift their large “Pool School” event, the only one of its kind in the nation, into a completely virtual experience after 33 years of heritage and only being completed in a physical space
- Implemented the Gorilla Marketing Connector which drastically improved the time to market for transactional email changes resulting in a lift in Watson’s overall email metrics
Watson’s has found great success through revamping their brand identity, as well as tapping into their ecommerce capabilities. They are now finding an increase in revenue both in-store and online, making for a more seamless omnichannel experience.